Yahoo is one of the most used email service providers globally, and the chances you are also using it too. There are a couple of ways to use Yahoo mail on your computer; you can either use the web version or use it on Outlook.
And most professionals who need constant communication with their clients, colleagues, and friends use it on the most popular email client software Outlook. It is very easy to set up the Yahoo account in Outlook without any hassle.
But sometimes, Yahoo mail stops working after a few hours, and that can be challenging for anyone. If you are facing some issues with your Yahoo mail account in Outlook, then you can use the steps listed here to resolve the issues. If Yahoo mail not working in Outlook, we’ve given the solution to fix it with ease.
Solutions for Yahoo Mail Not Working for Outlook 465
Basic Troubleshooting – Well, if your Yahoo mail outlook not working, go for the basic troubleshooting needed to resolve that. Often it is the case with most of the small issues in Outlook.
Ensure that your computer has access to the internet of adequate strength, and then check for issues with your account. Go to a web browser and log in to the Yahoo account and then check if there is an issue with the account.
Remove the Account – You can also try to remove the account from Outlook and then add it back again. This procedure will surely resolve the issue with your account. You can use these steps to delete the Yahoo account from Outlook and then add it back again.
- Open the Outlook, and then click on the File Menu and then click on the Account Settings from the menu.
- Now, choose the Manage Profiles option from the bottom of the menu and then click on the Show Profiles option from the new window.
- Now, select the profile you want to remove from the list and then click on the Remove button from the top bar.
- And that is how you can remove the Yahoo account from Outlook.
Now that you’ve removed Yahoo from Outlook, you will need to add it back again. Go to the File tab and then click on the Add Account option from the Info section.
Configure it properly – Improper configuration of the account could also result in an issue with the account access. So, if Yahoo Outlook is not working, you should configure it properly and then see if it is working or not.
- Open Outlook and then click on the Account Settings option from the info section.
- Now, click on the Advanced and then see whether it is configured properly or not.
- You must check the IMAP and SMTP settings and match with the settings listed here.
- Incoming Mail Server (IMAP) – imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Incoming Mail Port – 993
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing Mail Port – 465 or 587
- Well, if the settings are correct, then the account is configured properly; if not, then you must change them.
Firewall or Antivirus – Sometimes, antivirus or firewall on the system may cause some issue with Outlook, and that could result in broken access. So, you must check the Firewall and Antivirus settings on your device and add Outlook to their allowed programs list. It will enable Outlook to have uninterrupted internet access, and then you won’t get any errors.
Change App Password – Well, if there is a login issue with Yahoo, then you might need to update the app password of Yahoo for Outlook. You can follow the steps listed here to change the app password for Outlook.
- Open Yahoo and click on your name from the top right and then click on the Manage accounts option.
- Now, click on the Account Info option and then navigate to the Account Security and complete the verification by entering the current password.
- Now, you need to scroll down to the end and click on the Generate App Password button.
- Then, select the app from the drop-down list and click on the Generate button.
- Copy the password from the box and then click on the Done button.
So, this way, you can fix Yahoo mail not working in Outlook issue on your computer.