Yogurt is very healthy and can help beat the sweltering heat of summers. A bowl of yogurt can be very refreshing for kids. But if your child doesn’t like to eat plain yogurt, you can give it a twist by adding mangoes to it. Sweet and ripe mangoes can enhance the taste of yogurt. If you want to know, how you can add the goodness of this summer fruit to yogurt, learn here how to make mango yogurt. Note down the recipe of mango yogurt and give it a try the next time you want to treat your little munchkin and cheer him up.
|Mangoes (chopped)||2 small-sized|
|Cardamom powder||1/4th tsp|
Follow this step-by-step guide to learn how to make mango yogurt at home.
- Take the yogurt in a bowl and stir it well so that it is smooth.
- Add the chopped mango pieces to the bowl of yogurt and mix well.
- Transfer the yogurt and mango mixture to a blender and blend it. Add cardamom powder, honey, and almonds to it.
- Blend again to get a smooth puree.
- Shake the blender jar gently and pour it an air-tight glass. Refrigerate it for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and saffron strands and give it to your child.
Follow the below tips to make sure you make the most delicious mango yoghurt.
- When making mango yogurt, choose Alphonso mangoes, which are known for their sweetness.
- You can add chopped mango pieces stored in the freezer for about 20 minutes to the yogurt before blending. Using chopped mangoes will help you make a thicker drink.
- Don’t add Ice-cream or ice-cubes as your baby might catch a cold.
- For the best homemade mango yogurt baby food recipe, use mangoes with less fibre and more flavour. Canned mango pulp or frozen mango cubes can be used if fresh mangoes are not available.
- You can skip the sugar and honey if mangoes are sweet enough.
- Cardamom assists in digestion and lends this drink a nice flavour, so don’t forget to add it.
- If you’re using curd, make sure you use which is made from cow’s milk as it is easily digestible.
- Use fresh curd before it turns sour to ensure its soft taste and flavour.
Nutrition Information (Per 263 Grams or 1 Serving)
|Total Fat||4.5 gram|
Here are some of the amazing health benefits of mango yogurt for babies:
- Mangoes not only has an impressive taste but a great nutritional profile. Low in calories, mangoes are rich in vitamin C and can help boost the immune strength of your child. The antioxidants in mangoes can protect your child from any chronic illness.
- The dietary fibre and digestive enzyme present in mangoes can smoothen the digestion process.
- The lactose in yogurt can help keep gastric problems, diarrhea, and stomach irritation at bay.
- Power-packed with vital nutrients like Vitamin A, C, B-6, D, E, K, folate, and riboflavin, yogurt can help in the overall growth and development of a child.
Note down the tips given below while buying the ingredients required for making mango yogurt for your little one.
- Pick ripe mangoes that are yellow in colour and blemish-free.
- Buy organic fruits that are free from harmful pesticides.
- Check the ‘use-by’ date on the milk packet if you plan to make yogurt at home.
- Buy saffron only from established brands.
- Choose unsweetened or unflavoured yogurt.
There you go – you have a simple recipe for mango yogurt, which you can make in a jiffy. So go ahead and buy some mangoes and try this delicious mango yogurt recipe. Your little one is going to enjoy having it. You can make this summer party dessert once or twice a week for your little one whenever he craves for sweet.