If you’re in the mood for some spooky fun, Halloween is the perfect time to enjoy some classic scary movies. Here’s a list of movies to watch in order to get into the Halloween spirit:
- “Hocus Pocus” (1993) – This family-friendly film follows a group of kids who accidentally resurrect three witches in Salem, Massachusetts. With humor and heart, this movie is a Halloween classic.
- “The Nightmare Before Christmas” (1993) – While this movie is also a Christmas classic, it’s a great Halloween watch as well. This stop-motion animated musical tells the story of Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King of Halloween Town, who discovers Christmas Town and tries to bring his own version of Christmas to his spooky home.
- “Beetlejuice” (1988) – This dark comedy follows a recently deceased couple who hire a bio-exorcist to scare away the new living occupants of their former home. With a quirky cast of characters and Tim Burton’s signature style, this film is a Halloween staple.
- “Scream” (1996) – This horror classic is a meta take on the slasher genre. When a group of high school students are targeted by a masked killer, they must figure out who the culprit is before they become the next victim.
- “The Exorcist” (1973) – This classic horror film tells the story of a young girl who becomes possessed by a demon, and the attempts by her mother and a priest to exorcise the demon. With terrifying visuals and an iconic soundtrack, “The Exorcist” is a must-watch for horror fans.
- “Halloween” (1978) – This slasher film follows a young woman who is stalked by a masked killer on Halloween night. Directed by John Carpenter and starring Jamie Lee Curtis, “Halloween” is a horror classic that has spawned numerous sequels and reboots.
- “The Shining” (1980) – Based on the Stephen King novel of the same name, this psychological horror film follows a writer who becomes the winter caretaker of an isolated hotel with his family. As the winter progresses, the writer begins to experience supernatural phenomena and descends into madness.
- “Psycho” (1960) – Directed by Alfred Hitchcock, this thriller tells the story of a woman who stays at a remote motel and encounters its disturbed owner. With iconic scenes and a chilling score, “Psycho” is a classic horror film that has influenced the genre for decades.
- “The Conjuring” (2013) – This supernatural horror film is based on the real-life investigations of paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. When a family moves into a new home, they begin to experience terrifying supernatural occurrences, and the Warrens are called in to help.
- “Hereditary” (2018) – This psychological horror film follows a family who begins to experience increasingly disturbing and supernatural events following the death of their grandmother. With powerful performances and a haunting score, “Hereditary” is a modern horror masterpiece.
No matter which movies you choose to watch, be sure to dim the lights, grab some snacks, and prepare for a spooky and entertaining Halloween experience.
In conclusion, Halloween is a time to celebrate all things spooky and scary, and what better way to do that than by watching some classic horror films? From family-friendly movies like “Hocus Pocus” and “The Nightmare Before Christmas” to terrifying masterpieces like “The Exorcist” and “The Shining,” there’s something for every horror fan to enjoy. Whether you’re looking for jump scares or psychological thrills, these movies are sure to get you in the Halloween spirit. So, grab some popcorn and settle in for a frighteningly good time.