When it comes to wedding planning, the mothers of the bride often don’t get as much attention as the brides, but their role is equally important. When putting together a wedding, etiquette for mother of the bride attire etiquette should be a top priority on your list. Whether you’re attending a formal black-tie wedding in a very formal setting or a more casual beach wedding, key pointers will help you pick the perfect attire for the event.
- Being mindful of the dress code is essential regarding etiquette. As the bride’s mother, you don’t want to outshine the bride. After all, the wedding is all about her. So, it’s important to abide by the bride’s guidelines. If nothing has been set in stone, the general rule is to dress more conservatively than at the bridal party. So, go with the dress code when choosing mother of the bride dresses for the occasions.
- When searching for the right outfit, it’s important to avoid dresses with a white hue. As the bride’s mother, you don’t want to cause any confusion and be mistaken for the bride! This also includes cream and off-white shades and an array of pastels. Instead, try to stick with jewel tones, deeper shades, and lots of texture. It is also important to avoid anything too flashy or bold.
- The dress length can vary, but the ideal mother of the bride dress should come just below the knee. This is a versatile length that will work for nearly any occasion. Most mothers of the bride opt for a tea-length or fit-and-flare dress. If you’re attending a more formal wedding, you may want to opt for a longer dress.
- The bride’s mother should be mindful of her choices regarding the fabric. Avoid fabrics that are too heavy or too light. Instead, look for lightweight and flowy fabrics, such as chiffon, silk, and taffeta. These fabrics will not only keep you cool but also look elegant.
- Accessories are also an important part of mother of the bride etiquette. When choosing accessories for your outfit, aim for subtle and timeless pieces that won’t overpower the dress. Try to avoid big statement pieces, such as large earrings or bold jewelry. Instead, opt for pieces like pearls or delicate jewelry that won’t stray too far from the overall theme of the wedding. Similarly, choose shoes wisely. Nude pumps, peep-toes, and slingbacks are all good choices that will fit in with the overall theme.
Finally, as the bride’s mother, it’s important to remember that the wedding day should be all about the bride. This means that you should never attempt to outshine the bride or draw away attention from her. It is her day, after all. So, when following mother of the bride etiquette, remember the importance of being respectful and mindful. Try to find Elizabeth K dresses that you feel confident in without drawing too much attention.
What Color Does the Mother of the Bride Wear?
When it comes to any wedding day, the bride’s mother is one of the most important people involved. Whether she is helping to plan the big day or simply lending support to the happy couple, the bride’s mother plays a key role in the event.
As such, it’s important that she looks her best on the day. One of the biggest decisions the mother of the bride needs to make is what color she will wear to the ceremony and reception. Knowing what color the bride’s mother should wear is essential to ensure she looks perfect for the special event.
When considering color options, the bride’s mother should consider the wedding’s overall aesthetic. If the bride and groom have chosen a particular color scheme for the day, the bride’s mother can coordinate with the chosen colors. For example, if the wedding is a navy and blush color palette, the bride’s mother can choose a navy or blush dress. This will create a unified look between the happy couple and their loved ones.
Choosing the right color for the mother of the bride’s dresses is an important part of her overall wedding day look. While the bride and groom will surely be the day stars, the bride’s mother should look her best as well. Considering the overall aesthetic of the wedding, the mother of the bride’s skin tone, and her age, it is easy to find the perfect color for her dress. With the right color picked, the bride’s mother will look beautiful and classy on the most important day of her daughter’s life.
All in all, following mother of the bride etiquette can help ensure that the day is all about the bride and groom. Remember to stay within the guidelines set by the bride, watch the fabric and length of your dress, and accessorize appropriately. By following these key pointers, you can ensure that you look just as good as the bride without compromising her special day.