There are two rooms in your home that typically cost a lot of money to remodel. These two rooms are the bathroom and the kitchen. There are a lot of things that tie together in these rooms that make an effort to improve them costly to do so. But there are some things that you can do to keep your custom bathroom remodel from breaking the budget.
Bathrooms can take a long time to remodel depending on the scope of the work you are trying to do. The longer it takes to remodel your bathroom the more it will end up costing you in the end. Here are some ways that you can keep the cost of work within your finely-tuned budget.
- Shop for material that is not expensive or hard to find. There are countertops and flooring material that are copies of the real items. You do not have to buy a specific type of stone and pay a lot for it. There are cheaper materials available for you to use, and they will look like the real deal.
- A drastic change to your bathroom can be by redoing the floor. If you do not have the money to replace the entire floor, then you might want to consider painting your floor instead of a full floor replacement. There are plenty of paint options made for floors that will last a long time.
- Consider refinishing your tub instead of installing a brand new one. The process only takes a couple of days to complete. Once it is done you will notice that the tub looks brand new. And you will find that the cost will be significantly less than a full replacement.
- If you find that refinishing is too much for your budget, then you may just replace the caulk around the edge of the tub. You might even consider replacing the faucet and showerhead to give the space a new look.
- Replace the hardware on the doors and cabinets. You will find an entire section at the hardware store devoted to this idea. There are multiple themes that you can choose from.
- Paint the walls with a color of your choice. Painting is an inexpensive way to refreshen your bathroom. The room will take on a whole new look for just pennies on the dollar.
- Use decorative towels to bring a new look to the space. You can swap out the towels with seasonal themes to keep your bathroom looking great.
There are a lot of different ways that you can save money on remodeling your bathroom. The key to saving money is to keep the same layout. Once you start moving plumbing and fixtures around the cost will increase dramatically. You may also consider doing the work yourself. You will save a ton of money on labor alone. But in the end, it is your bathroom and you will want to make sure that it is exactly the way you want it to look.